Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Show Prep Truths

My first art show is now under my proverbial belt and I am now hopelessly addicted to show life.  The merriment, customers and artist camaraderie are my new drugs of choice (in addition to Starbucks, vintage wool, and thrifting).
 
 Amongst the lessons I learned about timing, planning, and budgeting while prepping for an art show, many truths revealed themselves.  I wrote these down to save my sanity for the next show prep.

1. No one is going to take over your chores.  Buy a biohazard suit because that crap is going to pile up!

2. Kitchen counters make better worktables than studio tables.

3. The dogs will eat at least three creations carelessly left out during emergency Hobby Lobby runs.

4. One creation will meet its end by iron scorching in the final step.

5. My laptop and I will live in a constant antagonistic battle for domination.

6. For every imperfection I see in my work, every one else sees only perfection.

7. I can live on a diet of bananas, Triscuits and Starbucks.

8. One teaspoon of glitter can create weeks worth of sparkle cheeks.

9. Laughter is the best side effect of exhaustion.

10. I have the best family and friends in the world~ who believed in me every step of the way. 
LOVE &  TRUTHS

1 comment:

  1. So funny and true! Need a bio hazard suit!
    Thanks for the laugh,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete